1930’s - The practice was started by Mr Donaldson and was based in West Kilbride. The majority of work at this time was agricultural.
1940’s - Mr Ted Holmes took the practice over in the latter part of the decade.
1968 - Mr Gilbert Kennedy bought the practice and premises were opened in Saltcoats.
1972 - Premises were custom built in Saltcoats to cope with the increasing demand for care of domestic animals.
1990 - Mrs Melissa Donald came to join the practice.
1993 - The Largs branch was modernised.
1998 - Mr Kennedy retired.
2001 - The Saltcoats premises were completely renovated.
2002 - The practice stopped treating farm animals and horses to solely concentrate on the care of companion animals.
2006 - Largs was relocated to our current site at Lade Street.
2014 - The Oaks Vet Centre became part of Independent Vetcare
2015 - Melissa Donald retired from the practice.
2016 - Our Saltcoats branch under went a complete moderisation,reburbishment and an extension to the existing building.